Monday 14 April 2008

Togo in June!

I have just received my invitation to join the Peace Corps. The assignment is HIV/Health work in Togo, West Africa. Togo is a small French speaking country that borders Ghana, Benin, and Burkina Faso. I am really looking forward to this opportunity and judging by the pictures I have seen online Togo looks like an amazing place to be. I will be leaving the United States on June 4th, and will not return for 27th months. In the mean time I will be learning as much French as I can possibly handle. More to come soon.

1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Hey!

Congrats on the invitation! I'm psyched you'll be joining me in Togo. Good luck with the visa/passport stuff as well as the resume/aspiration statement stuff. if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask as i went through that two months ago...

oh and i added ur blog link to my blog if you don't mind.

ciao,
-Nikhil
PCI Togo, CHAP, June 2008

p.s. 2 months!!!